This is a list comprised of 10 phone apps that every college student can’t live without.
- WhatsApp– coined as the most popular social networking app of 2017. WhatsApp has now more than 1.2 billion monthly active users. This messaging app allows you to post status updates, send video, share your location and make voice/video calls over the internet.
- Uber/Lyft– two transportation apps that are constantly competing for the top spot. These apps make “calling for a cab” simpler and more digitally driven. You can easily request someone to pick you up and drop you off where you wish.
- Waze– world’s largest community based traffic and navigation app. This app tracks traffic, but also alerts you of construction zones, accidents, red-light cameras, and even police on your route. Great app for for traveling or long road trips.
- Mint– manage all your money in one place. Features include: track and pay bills, easy budgeting, free credit score, alerts and advice, simple categorization, investment tracking and security.
- Spotify– music for everyone. Spotify is a music networking app. One of the features that the app allows you to do is see what your friends are listening to. You can make your own playlists and get access to new releases first. They have made it easy to search, discover, and browse all the music the app offers.
- Quizlet– a general study tool. You can create study sets that have a flashcard mentality in quizzing your knowledge. The app adds variety to the learning process by allowing you to add visual and sound to your flashcards. Quizlet has content saved that you can use or share your own study sets with your fellow classmates.
- Google Drive– cloud storage and file backup for photos, documents, and more. This is a secure app that has a collection of “Office” based apps that allows you to make spreadsheets, documents, presentations, diagrams, and more.
- Skype– free calls to friends and family. This instant messaging app has became known for doing interviews online when you can not physically go to the employer. The app allows online text messages and video chat services.
- Dropbox– secure file hosting service. Thanks to Dropbox, you don’t have to worry about losing your notes or coursework again. Store your files in the app, and share them with friends without any fear of losing important and useful data.
- Venmo– free digital wallet. This mobile payment service is owned by PayPal. It has a networking side by being able to connect with friends and send them money.